If you are expecting, then congratulations! There are many decisions you will need to make for your new coming arrival, and you are already quite aware of this. Considering you are now looking into preparing for the newborn's nursery and making sure that you are well stocked on clothing, diapers, accessories, swaddling blankets, and bottles whether you plan to nurse or not.
However, there is one important item for your new baby that you likely have not thought about, and that is what you will need in order to make travelling with your baby as effortless as possible. You are going to have to choose between getting a changing bag or a changing backpack for your baby. Let's look at the advantages of both which will help you make your decision on which one to buy!
The Benefits Of Using A Changing Bag
If you are looking to get a changing bag when it comes to travelling with your newborn, you will want to know about the benefits of having a changing bag. The following pros with a changing bag are:
- You will get a changeable, washable, and detachable mat with a bag - The great thing with a change bag is that you can use the mat that comes with it anywhere in order to change your baby if you are away from your home.
- There are plenty of pockets and compartments - These separate compartments are useful when it comes to keeping bottles away from clothing and diapers. It would be a lot more challenging to not be able to have different compartments to keep all of the accessories and items for your baby separated because disorganisation and spillage can happen.
- The shoulder straps are adjustable - With a changing bag, you will enjoy having to use an adjustable strap to carry it so it meets the size that will be the most comfortable for you to carry.
Now you know about the main advantages of a baby changing bag. Let's take a look at the advantages when it comes to using a changing backpack instead right now:
The Benefits Of Using A Changing Backpack
If you think that a changing backpack may be the better option for you, then here is a chance for you to find out whether that is true or not!
- It is hands-free - The great thing is about a changing backpack is that you do not need to use your hands to carry anything. Just wear it on your back and you are free to do what you need to do! That means there is no struggling with doing simple things like grabbing and paying for items at the shop.
- The backpack is versatile - When you are literally travelling and at the airport, you can enjoy the fact that the backpack is so versatile and easy to fit in the overhead compartment on the plane or under the seat.
- Very comfortable - The great thing about the backpack as well is that because the weight is distributed evenly, it is very easy and comfortable to wear on your back and it will not strain you either.
- Extremely spacious - Some backpacks have compartments but some do not. However, the wonderful thing is that the iSwaddle backpacks are extremely spacious so you can put anything you need into it. This means if you need to put 5 diapers and plenty of extra clothing, then it can be done. And, you can add in your items such as your keys and sunglasses as well.
- Dads can use backpacks without appearing like they are carrying purses - This is a big reason that many dads love changing backpacks! They can carry it on their backs and don't need to worry about themselves appearing that they are carrying women's purses which removes any awkwardness.
Now you know about the advantages of changing bags and changing backpacks! Which one will you choose and why?